Restart or Continue MS Office

Heres one I thought would make a nice companion thought to last Fridays MS Office tip about ending bulleted and numbered lists.

Specifically, lets talk about breaking the numbered lists.

When you take a numbered list and break it by taking a line of it and changing it to the Normal Style, you might find that the numbering continues on below into the newly created second list.

Thats good if you wanted the numbering to continue, but what if it was supposed to truly become two separate lists and the numbering should have started over at one?

Well, there are probably lots of ways to take care of this situation, but I found my fastest fix with a simple right click.

I chose Restart Numbering from the menu and the list instantly renumbered itself.

Now, if you right click and dont see this option, whats next?

Id have to say that the next option would be to choose Bulleted and Numbering from the menu.

In this window, choose Restart numbering and click OK.

I also must say that Ive run into situations where the Restart numbering option wasnt available. So, what then?

In these cases, I found that the AutoCorrect Options button would appear as I left the Bullets and Numbering window.

When I looked here, I found Restart Numbering as a choice.

So, whatever method you use, getting Word to start the numbering over is just a couple of clicks away!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.